After creating a new database or opening another database,
you are presented with a dialog box called Database Manager.
Database Manager is the focal point for most of your work.
(Note: to close the Database Manager dialog, press the
button labeled Main Window.) After entering information
about a dog, you are always returned to Database Manager. If
you activate a print or print preview from the Database
Manager, you are returned to Database Manager to continue
Database Manager displays several things:
- The current dog.
- The number of dogs in the database.
- The current status.
- A list of dogs in the database.
- A database search tool.
There are several buttons for maintaining the database:
- New Dog. Allows you to create and add a
new dog to the database.
- Delete Dog. Deletes a dog from the
- Edit Dog. Edits a dog currently in the
database. Note: You can also edit a dog by double-clicking
on any dog in the list of dogs.
- Edit Medical. Closes Database Manager
and takes you to the Medical Database Manager.
- Printing. Activates the Select
Report to Print dialog.
- Set Defaults. Allows you to enter a
set of default values or commonly entered things like
Since the number of dogs that can be displayed in the list
at any one time is limited, there are buttons to help you
navigate the list.
- Back 100 dogs.
- Forward 100 dogs.
- Reset List. Resets the list back to the first dog in
alphabetical order by registered name.
There are buttons for other things:
- New Database. Creates a new database as described in step 1 above.
- Open Database. Opens a different database than the one that is currently open.
- Main Window. Closes the Database Manager window and allows access to the main application window.